-
December 26th, 2004, 07:57 PM
#1
Inactive Member
How does an untrained person get into the electrical trade, as an apprentice, in Alberta?
-
December 26th, 2004, 10:04 PM
#2
HB Forum Owner
I'm not sure about Alberta, but I assume it would be very similar to the provinces that I am familiar with, the Atlantic Provinces.
First, become employed with a licensed electrical contractor.
Then, contact your provincial apprenticeship people to become "indentured"
Click - Alberta Apprenticeship
Ed
-
December 26th, 2004, 11:14 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Yes, it's similar to most other provinces. You would first find an electrical contractor willing to hire you. Generally you work up to 3 months, then the employer must enroll you in the apprenticeship program, or he can't continue to hire you. In Alberta the electrician trade is a compulsory certification trade, you must be a certified journeyman or a registered apprentice to work in it.
-
December 27th, 2004, 06:49 PM
#4
Inactive Member
In Sask., there is also a pre-employment course. Students who take that course get credit for some trade time and the first term at school. I'm not sure that it's the best way to get into the trade, but I think it may be a lot easier to get a job, after.
Does Alberta have such a course?
-
December 28th, 2004, 02:04 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Yes they do offer a pre-employment course.
Check out the link for more info.
http://www.sait.ca/calendars/daycale...reemp_prog.pdf
-
December 28th, 2004, 08:12 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks